If you are using eTutor Alberta for the first time, choose your institution here. Then follow the instructions below:
- On the left-hand side, in the "Login Here" box, select "Need an Account?"
- On the "Create New Account" page, enter your name and email address. To ensure that we can verify your account, please use your institutional email address.
- Create a username and password. To protect your privacy, your password will be encrypted. To minimize the risk of inappropriate use of personal information, we recommend that you do not use the same username and password you use for other accounts.
- If you wish to receive alerts by text message, enter your mobile phone number and provider. This information allows us to send you notifications when a tutor has responded to your work.
- Read through our terms and conditions and select "I agree."
- Double check all of your personal information, especially your email address and phone number.
- Click on "Join eTutoring" to complete the account creation process.
After you have created an account, you will automatically be logged in and directed to your home page, where you can upload a paper to the eWriting Lab, post an eQuestion, or start an eChat session. For more information on getting started, check out this video.
The "not a valid email address" error appears when you use an email address that contains characters the form does not recognize. Known character problems: -@ (hyphen in front of the @ sign) . If you experience this problem, please use another email address to create your account. Your institutional email address should be used if one has been provided for you.
- Log into your eTutor Alberta account.
- Click on the Profile link in the top right corner of the page.
- Find the Password and Confirm Password fields in the middle of the page.
- Clear both fields and re-enter the new password.
- Click Update Profile at the bottom of the page.
- At your institution’s login page, enter your username.
- Click on "Forget your password?"
- Enter your email address and select "User Type" for this account.
An email containing your username and a reset password will immediately be sent to your email box. After you log in with this reset password, you will be directed to a "Change Password" page where you will be forced to choose a new password.
- Log in to your eTutor Alberta account and click on the Profile link in the top right corner of the page.
- Find the Email field and clear it.
- Re-enter the new email address.
- Click Update Profile at the bottom of the page.
Please ensure that this address is correct as this is where you will receive emails about papers you submit for tutor review and other eTutor Alberta notifications.
If you get a deactivation message after trying to login, contact your local eTutor Alberta Coordinator. Their contact information is on your institutional login page at eTutorAlberta.ca/login - choose your institution: the coordinator contact information is listed on the front page.
For information on how to upload a paper, see the following guidance document.
If you use a Mac computer and are having difficulties uploading your paper using Word, make sure that you type in the extension when you save your Word file. Mac computers sometime add the extension, but it will not show as part of the file name. Follow these steps:
- Open the "File" menu from the bar at the top of the page.
- Select "Save As..."
- In the "Save As" filed, type the file name AND the proper extension. For example, "MyPaper.doc" or "MyPaper.docx"
- Click the "Save" button.
- Log in to your institution’s tutoring site (see above link).
- Click the link to the eWriting Lab.
- Click "View Writing Assignments Archive".
- Click on the name of the file from your tutor.
- Open the file and save it to your computer.
Students are sent an automatic reply via email once the tutor is done and has uploaded the paper to the eTutor Alberta site. There are several reasons why a notification might be absent.
- The paper is not ready yet.
- An incorrect email has been entered in the account profile. Log into your account to check the email address and correct it. See related information above regarding changing your email address
- An incorrect cell phone carrier and/or cell number has been entered in the account profile. Log into your account to check and correct.
- The email has been pulled into your junk/spam folder. Check that folder. If this happened, add the sending email address to your safe senders list, address book or contacts.
For questions not addressed here, contact your institutional eTutor Alberta Coordinator. Their contact information is on your institutional login page at eTutorAlberta.ca/login - choose your institution: the coordinator login information is listed on the front page.
This error message could occur for two reasons:
- You have already created an account with this email address. Instead of creating a new account, use your existing account. If you have forgotten your password, you can gain access to your account by clicking on the "Forget your password?" link on the log-in page. Just type in your email address, and we'll send you a temporary password that you can use to access your account and reset your password.
- You have used the pound or hash symbol (#) in your password. Please select a different password.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your institution's eTutor Alberta coordinator at the email address or phone number indicated on your log-in page.